The NY-GIML Mission:
Sharing the vision set forth by Dr. Edwin E. Gordon and the Gordon Institute for Music Learning, NY-GIML is entrusted with the advancement of Music Learning Theory in New York State.
The purpose of the Gordon Institute for Music Learning is to advance music
understanding through audiation. We believe in the music potential of each
individual. We support an interactive learning community with opportunities
for musical and professional development.
NY-GIML is dedicated to:
- The continuing study, support, and growth of Music Learning Theory
throughout the state of New York.
- The development of a support system for practitioners of Music Learning
Theory where ideas, knowledge, and techniques may be shared and nurtured.
- Promoting the use of Music Learning Theory in New York schools.
- Continuing to learn about research in music education and its practical
applications in the music classroom.
- Providing professional development resources such as workshops and
newsletters at the local level.